“Sookie, you always think the worst, and you have such a vivid imagination” Bill said with disbelief. Pam looked like someone had poured cold water over her.
Eric raised his eyebrows at Seamus and I, “That is an interesting theory. Is there evidence of Gill doing anything like this in the past?”
Seamus shrugged his shoulders, “You know Gill. I don’t believe his business practices are entirely on the up and up, but I haven’t heard anything like this. But I do think Sookie is right. What kind of references did he give you?”
“I called bars in 3 major cities.” Pam said, “He checked out fine.”
“But none of them were owned by Gill?”
“No. They were smaller bars, mostly human owned by AVL supporters.”
Eric was piecing the puzzle together, “So he moonlighted to put enough money away to escape and build a resume.”
Bill was shaking his head, “How did he think he’d get away with it? We’ve all heard stories about what happens when someone leaves without a trade from one of Gill’s bars.”
I put my hand up, “Sorry to be the human in the bunch, but I haven’t heard the stories. Who is Gill and why is he such a bastard?”
Eric sighed, but Seamus spoke, “He’s a well know club owner in the vamp world. He owned big clubs in major cities even before the reveal. Now they just draw more people – humans and vamps alike. You name it – he’s done it. During prohibition he made bathtub gin and ran moonshine out of the Appalachians. He’s had illegal gambling in a lot of his places, but now he owns a casino in Atlantic City. His philosophy as far as his vamp staff goes is that they are all his children, and he’s a possessive parent. You don’t apply for a transfer, ask for a promotion or quit when you work for him. Gill makes those decisions and let’s you know. If he doesn’t like you he trades you for someone else with another bar owner.”
Pam continued for him, “There’s a story about a waitress that was called by her maker while working his club in New York City. The bar he owned then was in Times Square and it was packed all of the time. You’ve heard us say that you cannot deny it when your maker calls. You MUST go.”
Oh, I knew alright. Bill had abandoned me for that bitch maker of his, thanks for reminding me.
She went on, “The waitress didn’t know what to do but was so drawn by her maker that she left a message for Gill and headed out of the city. His henchmen caught up with her outside of Chicago. After they killed her again he sent money to the Kings of both Illinois and New York State that basically doubled what he would have been fined. At the time we weren’t totally organized, so nothing really came of it at Tribunal – but he sent a message to everyone that he’d rather pay a fortune than lose an employee. By not paying her maker he made a point that his staff owe loyalty to him and that leaving him was not an option.”
Eric ran his hand through his hair, “So losing an asset, like I’m sure he would consider David, in his stable would be quite a blow. He sent me a sign to send him back, or else.”
“Why didn’t he just kill him?” I asked.
“He respects Eric too much. He couldn’t risk killing anyone else in the attack,” Bill answered.
Eric stood, “I believe I must speak to David myself. Pam, I will see you tomorrow night at the bar. Bill, please continue to research Gill’s business practices. I’m intrigued that none of us have heard about this.” They both nodded and gathered their things to leave. Seamus stood and began to follow them, “Irish, it will be good to have you around again.” Seamus gave a little salute and headed out.
“Eric,” I started…
“Yes, lover,” He finished, “I will need to speak to him alone. Vampires are not modest by any means, but I will not ask him to speak the details to anyone else.”
----------------------------
I unpacked and checked my e-mail while Eric spoke with David. I hoped that Eric was not too hard on him and that we could find some way to help. I was tired and really glad to be home. I wandered into the bathroom, the hotel had been nice, but there was nothing like the shower here. I turned on the water and was just undressed when Eric came into the bedroom.
He kicked off his shoes, pulled his shirt over his head and grinned as he let his fangs show, “Would you like some company lover?”
I was considering resisting when he opened his pants to reveal his erection and reason went out the window. I smiled and cupped my breasts, grazing my own nipples with my thumbs. It was all the invitation he needed. In a heartbeat he was naked and stepping into the shower with me. I was ready to be attacked, but he took his time. Caressing my skin and washing my hair. Kneading my breasts and buttocks and kissing me all over. When I tried to reach for him he would push my hand out of the way and continue washing me. His right hand found my center while his other hand grabbed one of mine to hold it over our heads. He was suckling my breast and stroking my core with his finger slowly. Occasionally he would dip one or two fingers into me, but only for a thrust or two. Mostly he continued rubbing the length of my wetness and rubbing my most sensitive spot.
I had my hand in his hair and was trying to keep my balance on weak knees when he dropped down and took me in his mouth. As his mouth worked me he began thrusting his fingers into me over and over. I was riding his hand crying out when he turned his head and drank from my thigh. I hit my head on the shower wall as I came and only continued standing because his hands were on my hips.
I was slowly getting my breath back when he inched his way up my body, licking a path as he rose. By the time his mouth met mine I was panting again and trying to grab his erection and direct it to my core. I couldn’t think of anything I wanted at that moment but to feel him come inside of me. Eric was reading my mind and growling, “Show me where you want me lover.” I was embarrassed, but moved my hand to open myself to him. He groaned in my ear and thrust into me hard and fast. We both sighed and I threw my leg over his hip to get him closer and higher inside of me. He began moving in and out hard and fast and mumbling about my being hot and tight. I didn’t know how he was stringing thoughts or words together while I felt like I was about to burst into a million pieces. He began pulling out to his tip and plunging back into me and after just a few strokes I felt my body tighten around him and liquefy as I came. He grabbed my hips and began to thrust so hard I thought my pelvis might break, but then he was yelling in old Norse and his fangs were sinking into my neck as he came in waves.
When he came back to his senses, Eric helped me out of the shower and wrapped me in a lush black towel. He led me to the bed and began brushing my hair after he towel dried it. I was totally relaxed and just enjoying the feel of the brush on my scalp. He finished and put his arms around me with a sigh, “Lover, it is as you thought. He was used to ‘entertain’ Gill’s wealthy clients for years.”
“Is there anyway to help him? We can’t send him back.”
“There are still some things I need to know before I make definitive plans.”
“Like what?”
“I need to find out more about Gill’s business practices, and I need to find David’s maker. I have several ideas, but I will not risk harm coming to my people.”
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW. Sookie always amazes us! She is one sharp cookie. Anyhow, I love the new Chapter. I look forward to more!!
ReplyDelete